This fun French name activity for kids gives you over 100 common examples of French fist names with an audio prounciation!
What is it?
- This French first name activity gives you over 100 examples of traditonal French names.
- The idea is that children can choose a name for themselves and learn how to say it in French.
- This is a great activity for listening to the different letter accents (e.g. é , è and ë). Click on the information buttons to learn more about these throughout the activity!
- Why not also print off the names, using the download button in the activity instructions so that children can read names and choose the one they’d like to hear.
- The names are split into les filles (girls), les garçons (boys) and les prénoms mixte (unisex first names). They are then grouped in letters to make it easier to find them.
- Click on the names to listen to the pronunciation.
- Name badges make a great follow up activity. Children can use their French name to take part in for short conversation and other activities when they are learning French.
Who is it for?
User-friendly features, make this activity an ideal choice for busy teachers and parents alike.
As a primary teacher, you’ll appreciate the resource’s alignment with the curriculum, ensuring a seamless integration into your lesson plans. For global educators, our French name activity provides a valuable asset for language development in diverse classrooms.
Parents of young children will find joy in supporting their little ones as they choose a French name for themselves.
Secondary French teachers can leverage this resource as a supplementary tool, injecting a dose of festive French culture into their classrooms.
How to access this fantastic resource!
Suscribe now to access our French Names Activity for Children now! You’ll be sure to to have a great time with your children as they develop their skills in French!
You’ll find more fantastic French Saying your name Activities for children in our French Saying Your Name Lingobox. It’s packed full of fun, festive activities including songs, games and animations. A fantastic learning and teaching resource at school or at home!
Check out our other French Lingoboxes
A one-stop-shop for all your children’s French language learning needs!